Tuesday, July 8, 2008

You have to be an atheist to believe in evolution

Evolution is a word and a concept. It is not merely the big one: Darwin's Evolution. It was a word long before Darwin and anthropologists took it from the language to be the label for their "discovery."

Evolving is the accumulations of changes that occur over time. It is an inarguable fact that the concept and the word have a true and useful meaning. The theory that Darwin created was Natural Selection. It has been "evolved" to be Evolution. The atheist evolutionist will usually cluck and crow about nothing more than his complete trust in the reality of any and all evidence of any and every definition of the concept of evolution.

His favorite accomplice in this din of mush-headed oppression is a creationist. Bible says I must believe that everybody must believe what the Bible says. And the debate rages on.

If it were not for this perfectly matched ideological bind there would be no atheism equals and/or is proved by evolution. It is unfortunate that the world had to be divided between such a mockery of intelligence as this debate has produced.

Character and intelligence and having values were once looked on as being of more value than being right about "the origin of species."

A lot of atheists would like to gloss over the moral license born from having no concern for religion inspired structures in our lives. They are still "good" just because they choose to be so and never needed to believe in fairy tales to stay that way. How do they propose to instill good civic values without religion? Atheists almost exclusively spend their energies on discouraging others to believe in their own religion. In this they are as zealous as any evangelist. When I was in my teens I had a crisis in my religion and declared myself to be an atheist to my religiously oppressive mother to better defend myself from her spiritual abuse. I decided after reading the marvelous "American Atheist" by the late Madeline Murray O'hare that I did not like advocating atheism. I had no compulsion for interfering with someone else on that subject and trying to make them feel like they are foolish in order to deprive them of the comfort of their beliefs. I saw it as an inhumane practice that even though I did not believe in the existence of God I had no interest in being deliberately cruel. Like most prattlers, the evangelical atheists are seeking attention and validation, because they feel sad and lonely. They want you to think they are smart.

No comments: